Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LA Marathon!

After Daddy ran in the Huntington Beach half marathon he decided he needed a bigger and better challenge. He signed up for the LA Marathon right when we got home. This weekend we went to watch him run. He has been training for this for the last three months so we were all looking forward to it!
We met up with Daddy at mile 8. You can see the big smile on his face. He was doing great! At this point he was running a 7 minute 40 second per mile pace! We met him again at mile 18. He's the one in all white. Of course he was wearing board shorts! Not as big of a smile this time but still going strong! He was the only runner stopping on the course to give his family hugs and kisses! We sure are lucky! At this point he was running a 7 minute 30 second per mile pace! There he goes! See you at the finish line Daddy!

We were just in time to see him run by us at mile 26 but we didn't get there is time to take a picture! No hugs and kisses this time! He was very focused on the finish line!

This is where we finally found Daddy after we herded through the masses of people. He was getting a much deserved massage!

So proud! Daddy FINISHED the marathon in 3 hours and 25 minutes at a 7 minute and 50 second per mile pace! He is amazing!

Checking out the medal!

Our family!

Aunt Linda made us a yummy picnic to enjoy on the beach! I loved playing in the sand!


Thank you to everyone who cheered Daddy along!

Dear Daddy,

There are no words to describe just how proud me and mommy are of you! You have accomplished something that people are scared to even think about ever attempting. You are truly a model of hard work and dedication. Even though you may not know I am watching, I see how when you set out to do something you truly dedicate yourself to accomplishing your goals. I watched you through all your training. Even when running was the last thing you wanted to do each day, you still did it because you had a goal. Some day I will have my own goals and I will use you as my inspiration to do my very best and give it my all!

This says a lot about who you are as a Daddy! You are dedicated to taking care of our family and loving us with all your heart. Me and Mommy are so lucky to have you! We appreciate all your hard work and dedication to our family! I love you all the loves!

Love, Cooper


1 comment:

kkp1220 said...

thank is crazy!!! I couldn't imagine running that far. Candace is trying to talk me into a half, but I just don't think I can do it:-(